Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The First Step

In January I became a stay at home mom once again. My husband and I decided it was the best thing for our family. I consider it my first step towards becoming the Proverbs 31 woman described in the Bible. I think of Proverbs 31:28 "Her children arise up, and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praiseth her" In my study Bible it says "call her blessed because of the happy environment she creates and the joy she radiates to others." Well I wasn't feeling very joyful working and trying to run my home, especially when my husband would be out of town for weeks programming some machine. I was overwhelmed and quite grumpy. Plus there was lots of other things going on in our lives that just needed more of my attention. I've been home now for a month and it feels like a huge weight has been lifted. I'm already seeing the positive effects this is having on our family. Sunday my son Ashton came in and was chatting with me while I did the dishes. He said, "mom you are much happier now that your home, everyone has noticed. We like you better this way." That was a statement that made me stop and think.

My dad's favorite thing to say is "if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." There's more truth to that than you know.

Of course staying home isn't the only thing that has helped change my attitude but it was a big first step.

No comments: